Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Tuesday Tip - Seam Ripping


Ugh!! It seems everyone can relate to the agonizing and tedious work of seam ripping! Picking and ripping out those tiny little stitches a couple at a time! Nothing worse!! :(
Hey, wait a minute...what's that little red ball for??
Seriously!?!! Seam ripping just became a breeze and sort of fun!! If that's even possible! Watch this little video demonstration here and your life will be forever changed! :)

You're Welcome! :)

Happy Quilting!

~Sew Kind of Wonderful~

12 comments:

Janet O. said...

Wow! Who knew? And I have been sewing (and ripping) for almost 50 years. Thanks! : )

Auntie Pami said...

You make it fun!

Nita said...

Woah! No way! Lol!

Pamela Arbour said...

I feel like Janet. I have been sewing and ripping for 50 years and I don't think I have ever been told how to use that seam ripper. I did notice the ball, but thought it was just there to keep from ripping the other side of the fabric! I am so glad you showed that video. I probably wouldn't have even believed it if I hadn't seen it in action. Thank you.

Sandy said...

Oh my goodness, what..... How have I never known this.....thank you!!!

Jayne said...

All these years I used my seam ripper upside down!

Margie & Tracy said...

Seriously??!!! I wish I had own this yesterday. Lol.

Pedal Sew Lightly said...

I saw that on FB last week and I had the opportunity to try it a couple of days ago and it really works!

Anonymous said...

What?!! I am speechless. I think my excuse for not ripping out things that did not end up the way I wanted them is gone now! I may need a new excuse...

elnorac said...

Thank you so much! I'm dying to use this technique! Of course I'd rather not need my seam ripper, but I surely will. Lol.

Rebecca Grace said...

How cool is that! Doesn't ripping the stitches out that way distort the bias edges of those curved patches, though?

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I saw this on Facebook too. So embarrassing that I have been using it wrong all along. Now I am looking forward to ripping seams!