Monday, November 25, 2013

Fun Poinsettia's!

 Fun Poinsettia's!


 Isn't this a super fun runner for the Holiday's!  

 We've got a free tutorial to share with you on how to make this simple "Fun Poinsettia" block, using the Quick Curve Ruler.

Click here, to view and download your free pdf "Fun Poinsettia" block. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1F9zXPetqABSHRhXy13c3VRWXc/edit?usp=sharing
20 1/2" x 20 1/2"

I made 3 blocks and put them together to make a runner, but I think a whole bunch of these would make a fabulous quilt.  You could do up one for a darling pillow too!


I wanted to make my poinsettia's to match my kitchen.  Helen is making hers in more traditional holiday colors.  They really take on a different look and I love the spinning petals created with this block!



So if you are in need of a fun little holiday treat for yourself or need to make up a last minute gift for someone, than this is a perfect quilt project for you!  Fun, fast and best of all....super easy!!  

We've started a Fun Poinsettia Flickr Group for those of you that want to share your Poinsettia's with us and each other!  We would love to see what you come up with!

Have fun and occasionally we'll check in to see how your "Fun Poinsettia's" are coming along!

~Jenny and Helen~

33 comments:

~Diana said...

LOVE it! Can't wait!

~Diana said...

LOVE it! Can't wait!

Quiltjane said...

Jenny, you are so talented. It will make the perfect Christmas runner for our MQG group.

Teresa Silva said...

Love it! Thank you Jenny and Helen! This is so awesome.

Nana said...

The quilting is wonderful.

Nana

Little Island Quilting said...

You have the knack of taking the ordinary and with your quilting, making it extraordinary.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Oh yours is stunning!! Thank you for the pattern. I will try to get one put together.

Karen said...

Jenny, Jenny!! It really looks like a Poinsettia! Have you ever thought about becoming a Craftsy Instructor? Please do!

Marty G said...

Your quilting is awesome and this is one I will be making hopefully before Christmas. Thank you for providing the tutorial.

Leeanne said...

Groovie! Love it!

Maria said...

Thank you for the pattern,your Poinsettia is beautiful!!!

Cloudy Stitches said...

Oh that'. a stunner. Thankyou

Unknown said...

Thank you for this pattern. I bought your ruler from connecting threads and was thinking I would wait until after the holidays to use it. But I can make time to make this project.

Tora´s Vintage Dream said...

bautiful, thank you for sharing this pattern. I found you through facebook - El Jardín de la Abuela

Kristy @ Quiet Play said...

Such a gorgeous block. I love the colours of the runner - and what stunning quilting!

Lorette said...

Really cute table runner and thanks for the tutorial.

Ulla's Quilt World said...

Stunning! I love them!
Greetings from Finland! :)
Hugs, Ulla

Susan Lawson said...

Ohhh! I'm so excited! I bought the quick curve ruler and can't wait to give it a try! thanks for the freebie! :)

Melissa H said...

I wanna do this but I cannot quilt like that.

I went to your flicker group and there are only 3 pictures there? I wanted to see what everyone was doing for the quilting.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for all the sharing and teaching you do. I have several of your patterns and the ruler, all of which I purchased after a demo at our guild. I am having fun making a Christmas table runner with the Urban Abacus pattern, right now. I am sorry you are giving up your longarm business but, good grief, there are only so many hours in a day!!!

Anonymous said...

I really like the pattern. I tried it out tonight. I needed to add a bit of grey fabric to really square off the grey and blue blocks. I wasn't worried as it will be masked when I do the quilting of the block.

Debbie B said...

Thank you for another wonderful pattern! It's beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

I spent a rainy sunday afternoon sewing and posted my version to the flickr account. They are not perfect but its a nice quick quilt top minus the borders.

Scrapatches said...

Thank you for the wonderful pattern!

Sandquilt said...

Wonderful ! Best regards from France

Litamora's Quilt & Design said...

Just LOVE this table runner! You did some beautiful quilting on it, and I can't wait to make this! Thanks for sharing!

Janice said...

Oh this is so nice. Thank you for the pattern. I plan to make one just like yours and then experiment. Thanks again.

Unknown said...

great" awesome quilt..

Unknown said...

so beautiful awesome quilt.
Clipping Path

Bente-I like to QuiltBlog said...

BEAUTIFUL pattern and the quilting so so wow!!! Thanls for sharing!

Unknown said...

Wow..!!!
Nice blog..!!Fire Engine Kids Bed

Unknown said...

I bought your QCR after seeing this table runner. Looking forward to making this and your other patterns. Thanks for posting the tutorial.

Unknown said...

How do you do the tiny circles right next to the feather quilting???? Would love to attempt it!