Before assembling your first block I wanted to go over a few points.
* A medium size rotary cutter is recommended when using the QCR.
* Remember to put a new blade in your rotary cutter, that way you can stack multiple fabrics for faster cutting.
* If you've never sewed curves before, practice on some scrap fabric before cutting into your good fabric for this project.
* Remember view the You Tube video's, if needed. They show you how to use the ruler, sew a curve and square up a block.
* We usually don't pre-wash our fabric when working with these curves. It seams to help the fabric keep it's shape and stay more stiff when sewing curved seams.
* If you have a really stretchy fabric, you may want to consider spray starching your fabric before cutting the curves out. The starch will help the fabric stiffen up.
* Keep all scraps for each block, they may be used for future blocks.
* Lastly.....have fun!!
The Churn Dash Tutorial is the next post.