Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Birthday Quilt!

..so yesterday for my Birthday I finished up this quilt top and it went together fairly quickly!  It was a perfect Birthday...working on my own quilt projects and going out to dinner with Jared!





I have seen this design before and thought I would try it using my ruler.  I was worried about this one and thought for sure it was going to be a "trial and error" quilt, but to my surprise it was a "trial and yeah" quilt.  It actually went together really well.   I love that!!  And believe me when I say I have many "trial and error" blocks, more than I want to admit.

I used the layer cake "Just Wing It" by MoMo.  Sometimes I feel guilty using pre-cut fabrics,  like it's not challenging me because all the fabrics have been picked out for me, but this was a challenge for me in the sense that I'm not a purple and pink lover, although....they were growing on me as I was putting this quilt together.  

I used cotton linen from the "French General" fabric line from Moda..and I loved working with it!  I'm definitely going to get more of that before it go's away!

Now back to reality....I have to attend to my customers quilts for the next couple of weeks!  Thanks to my mom and customers for being so patient!  

-Jenny-



10 comments:

Helen said...

I love the linen with the layer cake, it is a great compliment to the variety of colors.

Melissa P said...

ohhh i really like it!!!! I love that you are coming up with ways to use your ruler- I am excited for it- I wanna see this quilt layed out flat :)

smazoochie said...

Please tell me about this rule! I googled it but nothing--other than your blog--comes up. I LOVE what you've made with it!
And Happy Birthday!

Kathy Schwartz said...

Happy Belated Birthday Jenny!
Sounds like you had a great day.
Yes I would like to see the whole quilt too.
Pretty please :)

diana said...

I am not a ruler fan but this quilt is going to be amazing. I already love it :) I still want to see it all, thought :)

Andie Johnson said...

Aw - so glad you had a great birthday! Hope your year is full of creative goodness and joy!

Sherril said...

I don't believe you waste a minute especially when your passion is working with fabric. Sounds like you had a great Birthday. Brigham and Nina, had a baby girl born or your birthday. She weighed 9 lbs. and her name is Aria Gabriella. I hope I spelled it correctly. Love Mom I am returning home on Tues.

Sharon S said...

Love the new quilt Jenny! Hoep to see you on the 2nd.

Dan said...

Beautiful birthday quilt! Those curved pieces look great. I love your block squaring post too.

Mom said...

Very intriguing...really can't wait to see the whole quilt.

Margaret