Friday, January 17, 2014

Vintage Quilt Revival!

I was completely surprised and elated when this book showed up in my mailbox!


It's absolutely lovely!  The quilt projects...the photography...the everything!  I guess that's why it's the new buzz right now! 

 Lee asked me to quilt her sampler quilt for this book a while ago.  I thoroughly enjoyed quilting it up and sadly the awesome pictures I took disappeared when my computer crashed.  





I was able to get some pics from Lee's blog post.  Just a few though.   I custom quilted this quilt.  Lot's of ruler work, SID and fun fillers.  





The border design was a first for me but so rewarding.  Loved how it turned out!

I'm going to miss quilting for others.  It's been very strange not having a customer quilt on my longarm.  Good thing is I'm loading one of my own today!


A new Metro Design!

~Sew Kind of Wonderful~

12 comments:

Auntie Pami said...

Wow, I love that border design, I might even be able to do that one, if you think they're feathers, but they're not. That book is on my desk, I will have to sit, take a break and read it. Congrats!

Judy said...

Whether it's customer quilts or your own, I just hope we continue to see lots of your quilting.

Diane said...

ooohh luv the new Metro design :) I was working on piecing Metro Rings today!

Rebecca Grace said...

I love that spiral flowery design you quilted along the outer edge of this quilt! I must be so exciting to see your work in print like that. :-)

Lori S said...

I love that border design. Great individual treatments for the blocks. Inspiring as always!

kitty said...

I LOVE your new border design. The happy, swirly flowers add a young and fresh note to the quilt and that's exactly what this book is about. A young and fresh approach of traditional blocks Wonderful overall job, great border!!

Pam said...

love that border design too & i always forward to seeing more jenny quilting xo and hoping for a sewday w u soon xo

Pam said...

love that border design too & i always forward to seeing more jenny quilting xo and hoping for a sewday w u soon xo

quilting/fitness said...

ours did too if you still have the hard drive you can get a harddrive encapsulator and plug it into your computer got back all our vacation pics
hope this helpsi am about to start quilting my urban birthday
Diana-runswithdogs.blogspot.com

Lorna said...

Jenny: What inspirational quilting on this vintage sampler quilt! Wow! Did you quilt by envisioning the quilting on each block or did you look at the whole quilt and envision how to do the quilting? Can hardly wait to see the new Metro pattern quilted!

the mrs said...

Wow! I already love the new Metro design!!! Can't wait to see the whole thing. Looks like you used some Anna Maria Horner and that blue solid looks great together. Very striking.

Quiltingranny said...

Very awesome!