I really had fun doing these blankets up!
I pre-washed the flannel material for the back and the print fabric for the top. I used one layer of warm and white batting.
I used the fabric print as a guide for the quilting on all three and on this gray and white stripe I used a sherbet orange thread to give it a little personality ;o)
I really love the weight and softness of these quilts....lucky baby!
I used whatever I had in my fabric stash for the bindings. It was really hard to cut into the yellow/gray Michael Miller print, but it worked so perfectly with the yellow and white stripe I just had to do it.
I'm now loading another blanket with minky, but instead of the minky on the back I'm using it for the top of the quilt. I think it will be much easier to quilt up that way. I will be sure to let you know.