Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Patterns...patterns...and more patterns!

...so if you've purchased the Quick Curve Ruler (QCR)...and thought to yourself, I'll probably use this once or twice and just wasn't sure how much use you would get out of it....well, I'm here to tell you that your QCR options have widened tremendously and this is just the beginning!!

Let me introduce you to "Deco Contrails"!


This is Helen's latest released pattern using the QCR.

I love this quilt!  You can read more about this quilt on her blog and why she named it "Deco Contrails".

...and here is a beautiful grouping of all her patterns.


I'm happy to announce that we are going to be working together on my Quick Curve Ruler adventure and that is why my logo is on her patterns.  I'm completely excited and thrilled about this.  My sisters are my best friends and who better than to have a sister to play, design and brainstorm with!  We have some fun future plans for the QCR, in fact in about a week we are going to start a QAL that has to do with taking traditional blocks and "Curving them up" of course with the QCR!!  Sound fun?  It will be! 

I do have another sister that is crazy talented and it's just a matter of time and I'll snatch her up too!  ;o)

Another perk to having someone to work with is the pressure to getting things done and trying to stay up with her fast releasing patterns.

I plan on quilting these quilts up this week:



 
The last of my Urban Quilts.  Urban Winter, Urban Tiles and Urban Nine Patch!
...and if you know me, you know I'll be posting my quilting progress on each quilt!   Are you ready?

...and thanks to all the great input on my Urban Winter quilt, I've decided to leave it and love it the way it is!

~Jenny~


 

10 comments:

Helen said...

I really love the name 'Urban Tiles' for your quilt. It is very descriptive of the look you will get when it is put together. ;o)

Unknown said...

It's great to see you playing with your blocks and planning new QCR blocks - your sisters quilts are fantastic too
Now a QCR treatment of traditional blocks, do I see a version of the Storm at Sea block in the making here as we discussed before ;o)

Kathy Schwartz said...

Your very lucky to have your sister as a partner and motivator!!
I'm ready for another Quilt Along!!

Lynn said...

Another QAL sounds like fun! I posted a photo of some fabrics on my blog today that will become an Urban Abacus quilt. Recently I've been making some traditional quilts and shop samples. I'm ready to do something more modern and just for me!

Litamora's Quilt & Design said...

Love it! Looking forward to see your quilting progress on this! Love your style :-)

Lori S said...

I missed out on your last Quilt along so I am excited about a new one. Congrats to you both.

Mama Pea said...

Great job for your sister! I can't wait to see you quilt these. I am still hoping you will quilt my urban nine patch when I get it done. Three more blocks!

kitty said...

Love your new Urbans!!

Melissa said...

Sounds like so much fun working with your sister! Can't wait to see what you all come up with!!!

Susana said...

Es bello bello bello.CariƱos.