Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Wedding ~ Family ~ Fun

The girls and I got back last night and had such a good time!  I soaked up every moment I had with my family!  On the way down we had a blow out near Yakima, going about 75 mph.  That was really scary, but thank goodness I got the car under control and a very nice guy took our FLAT spare in to town, came back, changed our tire and let us follow him into town.  After we bought a new tire we decided to sleep in Boise overnight and finish the trip the next day.  We were very lucky that nothing worse happened.  

The car was my father-n-laws and I was driving it down to my brother-n-law.  The girls and I flew back last night, so the trip back was great!

Of course I picked up some fabric at one of my favorite shops.


I love black and white prints and of course gray and white!


I fell in love with this "Secret Garden" print and thought it would look perfect on the back of my "orange/white half square triangle quilt"!

 The wedding day was so much fun!  Bryan and Kimbra were beautiful and had a great sense of humor....when it came to their wedding cake slowly falling over and the wedding caterer changing their hot tomato basil soup to a cold split pea mint soup!  
 

Kimbra and Bryan had a photo booth at their reception which was a big hit!!  For each shot you had to pose a certain way and it was absolutely hilarious!!  These are of me, my siblings and mom!

 
 Overall it was a such a fund day and I'm so happy for Bryan and Kimbra!


This girls got to play with their cousins and my moms dog Sunny!

I felt so out of touch with everything while I was gone, but it felt so good to just relax and not have any worries or obligations and Jared did great shipping some orders out for me.  

It's good to be home and I've got some customer quilts to work on and OH YA...those Urban Nine Patch quilts to finish up!

 I'm also excited to talk about quilt design options for the Urban Nine Patch Quilts later on this week...it should be fun!

~Jenny~ 

14 comments:

The Invisible Woman said...

That backing fabric is AWESOME!!! Perfect for your orange & white delight!

Judi said...

Looks like you had a great time! Glad you made it safely - having a tire blow would be so scary!

Katie Lady said...

I'm glad you had a fun trip! I love the new fabric you got!

Esther said...

So glad you had a good time, and glad you made it safely. I missed your blogging, but am sure you needed the break and time with family. That is always renewing. Looking forward to future posts.

sherilyn mortensen said...

.......and Maggie LOL!!!

Kristi said...

It's so hard to come back home to all the work you have lined up. We had our CIQ retreat this weekend and I knocked out 2 Curves quilts! It was a non-stop commercial for the ruler. I'll post photos soon!

Unknown said...

I'm so pleased you and the girls had a great time with your family
You've been missed ;o)

Mama Pea said...

I missed you, but I'm glad you had such a good time! A photo booth....what a great idea!!! Your fabrics are just wonderful! LOVE that Secret Garden!

Melissa said...

Sounds like a wonderful break! Can't wait to see what you do with all those wonderful black and white fabrics!

Teresa Silva said...

Glad you're home safely! I'm also glad you found someone to help you with your tire. How scary. The wedding couple look so beautiful and I'm so glad you had a wonderful time with your family.

Scooquilt said...

Glad your trip turned out safely and fun. Your story reminds me of the time many years ago when we were crossing the Lemhi Pass. We cut TWO tires ( low speed)! A nice couple took us into Grant, where we bought the only two tires that fit our van, then took us back to the ranch where they worked to put the tires on the rims. We camped that night under the most amazing stars, then went into Yakima to have the tires balanced. So that was our answer when people asked, "Why do you have different kinds if tires on your car?"

**nicke... said...

so glad you guys were ok with the tire blow out! so scary! and the next time you are in boise you better let me know! i will buy you lunch! xoxo

Cynthia said...

Yay glad you're back!

Lowell said...

We're glad you got to see us too!