Friday, April 13, 2012

Urban Nine Patch QAL ~ Week #10

I'm hoping (fingers crossed) I can work on the "orange/white half square triangle" quilt this weekend and if I do, I'll be adding this block to mix things up.


 ...and the possibilities that can come out of this block!  Well....my brain hurts thinking about it!  Time....where are you right now?

Can't believe it's week #10 for the Urban Nine Patch QAL!  While my husband was at a late night ball game, I got a couple more done.


I'm really not jumping up and down about the pink one.  But next to all the other blocks I think it will add another color in the mix.  How are your blocks coming along??  I'm starting to see some finished ones and they are looking amazing!  Be sure to check them out on the Urban Nine Patch Flikr Group and let them know what you think!

I'll be working on another Urban Deco block today...must not let another week go without doing one up.

...and one last thing

Cynthia took on the Quick Curve Ruler Challenge and did up an amazing quilt with it!  I've been a fan of Cynthia's designs and so when she put in for the challenge I knew right away she would be one of my picks to do the challenge and when I saw what she did with it....well you must go check it out over at the Fat Quarterly Blog today!  Let her know what you think, she would love that!

~Jenny~

18 comments:

Cascade Quilts said...

love the new block - kinda like a drunkards path, but not as sharp of a curve. Can't wait to see what you do with them! I am SO behind on the QAL....... I need to get back to them (SOON!)

Judi said...

I am way behind - that's the story of my life.....But that curved HST is adorable - oh the quilting possibilities!!

Teresa Silva said...

I love your new curved HST...this is too cool. I hope this is coming in some new patterns. I love your new blocks too.

Sharon S said...

Wow, that is a great one. This "sewing elf" is waiting for another sew day. Did you hear that? I think my sewing machine is sewing without me. Gotta go!

Dawn said...

I love the curved HST block, Jenny! Mmmmmmmm.

Kathy Schwartz said...

Oh I like your curved HST block...wonder what you have in mind?
I checked out Cynthia's design....WOW! That is why your ruler is so great, the sky's the limit!

LeslieUnfinished said...

Stop. You're killing me. Love the new block!

Kati said...

I think I need to make something with that wonderful orange block. I seriously love it. You amaze me! You create just about everything with this ruler!

Bente-I like to QuiltBlog said...

Cynthias pattern ist absoutely terrific.
Bente

Annabella said...

Ooh I love your orange and white block and Cynthia`s design is so cool! Hurry up fabric - I need to use my ruler!

Cynthia said...

Ooh! Love that new block!

Anonymous said...

I do love that new block - there are A LOT of possibilities with that one :-)

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

Love the blocks and Cynthia's quilt is so pretty! I started making my first runner with your ruler and love it (just have to find some time to finish it!)
~Terry~

Mama Pea said...

Ooooo....I love that new block you're working on.

I can see why you feel so-so about the pink and blue block. It's very pretty, but not so bright like your others. But I bet it will look good when it's all together. It will give it more interest. The eye needs a rest from all the other colors that are all so saturated and intense.

I haven't made any progress. I have been out of town. But I can't wait to get going on mine again.

I'm heading over to fat quarterly right now!

**nicke... said...

totally in love with the top block... red/white... lovely! i can't wait for you to do a tutorial on it! loved the quilt on fq too. seriously awesome! i am so happy i own your ruler jenny! now i just have to start using it! ;)

Cathy said...

I like the new curved orange and white block, lots of potential there! The quilt made by Cynthia is so creative. Your ruler can do so many things and I agree with you-- where is the TIME?!?! I need about a month after seeing all of these inspiring designs and fabric sitting around to be used!

Melissa said...

Your new block is awesome! I can't wait to see where you head with it and see your finished HST project!

Kristie said...

Love the new block, and Cynthia's quilt!