Thursday, March 8, 2012

Urban Nine Patch QAL ~ Week #5

I managed to get one of my solid "Urban Nine Patch's" done and finished up an "Urban Deco" block too.  


Can I just say again how much I LOVE aqua!  This is a red/aqua combination and I love it!


I'm keeping up with the solids....5 done up and 7 more to go.  It's going to be a very colorful quilt when I'm finished.

...now for my "Urban Deco" block ~


This time the gray surrounding border went together perfectly!  My seams went together beautifully!

...although my blocks didn't go together quite as beautiful ~


...so this was my very first print Urban Nine Patch block and the block still needed some tweaking....before putting out the tutorial....I always new I would still use it in my "print blocks" quilt and I'll tell you why...

I love history and I love dreaming of the history behind antiques...especially antique quilts!  This block means a lot to me...for many reasons and every time I look at this quilt, I'll be reminded of this block and that's what I love about quilts...the story that go's with the quilt!!


...and since I'm only doing up 9 of these blocks...I'm pretty sure I'll be able to finish in 7 more weeks.

Now... I know many have bought the "Quick Curve Ruler" because of these blocks and I'm looking forward to more blocks done up...along with the ones that are all ready done up!  Be sure to check them out on the Urban Nine Patch Flikr Group!  It's so exciting to see how they are all coming along!

...and again if you don't have a Flikr Account, you can e-mail me a pic of your progress and I can add it to the group for you.

~Jenny~

11 comments:

Kim S said...

I love, love, love the your blocks! Got my fabrics, now I need to start cutting into them!

Unknown said...

Love these deco blocks and I'm looking forward to seeing the other fabric combinations that quilters come up with - oh to get UFO's finished ready for the SWD exhibition, and June's quilt guild talk over with then I can play with my ruler

Dee said...

This is the first item I've ever put on my "Bucket List" of quilts to do...outstandingly fresh, new and very creative!

Bravo!

Cascade Quilts said...

LOVE the blocks and YAY for keeping the 'test' block! It still looks great!

Rina Mason said...

Love the red and aqua. I'm not sure I am ready to face the curves yet but you sre doing such beautiful work I may give it a try.

lvkwilt said...

I didn't think I could like a block more than I do the urban nine patch, but the deco is amazing. I'm so glad there are people like you to come up with these ideas! Thanks!!

Mama Pea said...

I'm getting ready to start! I finished putting all the rows together on that quilt I need to finish, and I got one set of borders on. Only one set yet, and then I can start!

I am trying to decide if I'll just do solids or add in some prints. I'm going to use linen as my "setting color." I can't decide if it will go where your gray is going, or where your white is going. Trying to figure it out. :-) I'll be sure to post photos when I get going.

Teresa Silva said...

I love your story about the more blocks...that is so cool. I love to look at quilts I've done in the past. Really is cool to see the history. Love all your blocks.

Esther said...

I have my large curved nine patch on my longarm now. Loved the tutorials and how well the blocks went together. This quilt is the cornerstone of a mini makeover of my sewing room. Thank you

Gloria said...

jUST DISCOVERED YOUR BLOG RECENTLY. i FOUND YOUR OTHER BLOG AS WELL AND LOVE THE DETAIL YOU SHARE AND THE WONDERFUL PICTURES. I WAS UP LATE LAST NIGHT READING WELL INTO 2011 BECAUSE i COULD NOT STOP. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!GLORIA BRUCE

Elaine said...

wow, these blocks and color combinations are wonderful!