Thursday, January 5, 2012

Urban Window Pattern

Yep!  That's right!  Another pattern!







I really liked how this quilt came together.  This quilt was the 2nd quilt I did up using my Quick Curve Ruler.  When I did this up, I was really inspired by the quilts that had rectangular blocks that just floated on the fabric.  And I like the bold contrast in color on this quilt, the charcoal gray with the bright white and yellow.

I also love applique and want to add touches of it in more of my quilts!  My son Taylor designed this bird for me.  I think he did a great job with it!

Warning!!  If you ever glue binding down using this method,
you may NEVER get to actually stitching it together!


You wouldn't have ever known!! he...he..

~Jenny~



9 comments:

Staci said...

Love love this one! The applique touches really make it extra special.

Unknown said...

Another one of your patterns that I love - can't wait to see it in a varying colour theme
The glue binding is brilliant isn't it - and I've taken it one step further and use the glue for basting smaller quilt sandwiches together, eg: wall hangings and cushions/pillows
I'll have to start thinking about which patterns I want to buy ... do I jump in now or wait to see if any of my other favourites are available soon ;o)

Sarah said...

Just beautiful - the colours used are simply divine!

Sequana said...

Oh, this is my very fave of ALL of them! Both the pattern and the fabrics are delicious.

KristaKay said...

L.O.V.E !!!!!!!!

**nicke... said...

i really really really love this one. i really really really need to bu that ruler!

susan said...

Love all your patterns!!! Waiting impatiently for them all to come out. Will some of your patterns be using fat quarters?

angela said...

Jenny, I wanted to let you know that I am currently working on my first "Urban" quilt - the Pulley Candy. Your ruler is wonderful, and sewing the curves became very easy after a few practice rounds. I'm loving the pattern as much as I thought I would! Next up are the Abacus and the Window - I can't get enough of these curves.

Cola said...

I'm totally going to try the glue! Thanks for the tip! :)