Saturday, April 2, 2011

Playing with my scraps!

Last night I sat at my sewing machine for a few....and had a little fun with my scraps!



When putting these together I finger pressed as I went..finger pressing is when you don't use an iron..you use your finger and press the fabric, making a crease as good as you can with your finger.  It makes it go much faster than stopping each time after each stitch to iron.
Although when doing this my blocks were pretty wavy and bubbly.  Well the solution to that is this:

 
You spray this starch alternative all over the block..pretty good and iron..iron..iron..walah!  A flat stiff block.. I squared my blocks to a 10 inch square.  It's a fun way to use up all those scraps.  I'm definitely going to make more of them!  Not sure what I'm going to do with them yet?  

-Jenny-

5 comments:

Aunt 'Reen said...

Such adorable Crazy Patch blocks!
I look forward to seeing what you use them for.
I recently discovered that Best Press and I'm a huge fan of it now too!

Helen said...

Doesn't feel good to do something with all those scraps! I made some mug rugs with some of my extra/crazy blocks.

Andie Johnson said...

OOh - love! Very modern crazy quilt! That might just be one of my blocks I'm making right now for a certain project....

Can I just tell you that every person I shown the Spidey quilt to has gushed - and I mean gush - about the quilting you did? Super-Gush.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny! I came to see what you were up to lately and love these! You could use them as Urban Birthday squares... CUTE! Combine with a solid in between... LOVE! :)

Anonymous said...

I came to see what you were up to (then I am really going to clean the house... really)... I LOVE THESE!!! You could cut them up for an Urban Birthday quilt! That would be adorable! :)