Brooke and I had fun doing this quilt up yesterday!
I asked Brooke what she thought about using orange for the binding...she gave me a funny look, but she was easy to convince. I got the idea from a quilt that Red Pepper Quilts did up.
I used flannel for the back and wool batting. I used ice blue thread and I wanted it to be really soft!
I put the binding on while it was still on my longarm. I did up my binding at 2 and 1/2 inches forgetting that you need to allow another 1/4 inch when putting flannel on the back...whoops. So instead of stitching in the ditch and catching the back, I stitched right on top of the binding and lined my foot up to the edge of the quilt. And that way I was able to catch the back of the binding with no problem at all.
Brooke and I are going to take it to her today! Brooke is really excited!
One more thing...my friend Pam is auctioning off a Zigzag quilt she did up for MS. It turned out really nice, you can check it out here.