Thursday, February 24, 2011

It's doing nothing for me

 ..first of all I've been sick again this week!  I finally started an antibiotic today for a sinus infection that apparently has not gone away...and of course I had 2 shop hop quilts to quilt this week and a Sew Expo quilt.  I got through the shop hop quilts and loaded the  Sew Expo one today. 

...question?  Do you ever find your self so excited to start something.. in my case this project you see here.  And then when you start putting it together, it does nothing for you.  Well I'm kinda going through that with this.  


















I've pieced about half of the blocks and like it, but I don't love it.  I kinda wish I used orange instead of green.  Ugh....I hate that.. I'll just keep putting it together and hope when I am all done with it I will love it.  I may find myself doing another one with orange. (I've collected some yummy oranges)

...but I guess you never know.  About a month ago I put together a quilt and thought I definitely wouldn't like it, then when I was all done...I loved it!  It's one of my favorite quilts.  

I can't wait to share all my quilt's with you!  I'm really excited!  I have about 4 more to design and then I need to write up the patterns.  Anyone knowledgeable in writing up quilting patterns?  Or know of a good program to use for that?  

Jenny

6 comments:

{Katie} said...

I'm sorry you're sick, but I hope the antibiotics work! I LOVE those greens. I think the quilt will turn out great!

Laura said...

I love the color combo you're working with! If you don't want to finish it, send it my way and I'll be glad to. What is the manufacturer of the grey/gray you're working with? I've been looking at Kona & Moda grays and can't decide which one to get--plus the shades are hard to decide on when you're looking at a tiny square on-line.

Pam said...

Sorry you are sick again...I have been sick again too!! What is up with that?? I think you will love this quilt when your done...hang in there....

Sharon S said...

I thik you will love this quilt too! Roxanne Carter is good a writing directions for patterns. I'm sure you can do it yourself. Make notes while you are cutting & piecing, then make a rough draft, give the pattern to a couple friends(wink, wink) to try the pattern out!

Danielle said...

I love the green and grey, but since orange is my favorite color, I'm partial to it. I'll throw in a wink wink too! If you need anyone to test patterns, I'd love too, I was a software tester before I was a stay at home mom/quilter. I'm sure I could test a pattern just as well as software. wink, wink. Oh and I have Electric Quilt, it has soooo much functionality, I know a lot of designer use it, I have never gotten past the basics. If you ever want to take a look before investing, you are welcome too. Hope you feel better soon!

MariQuilts said...

Love the green...you are probably just going through the old love hate thing, that happens to us quilters, quite often, actually with most of my quilts.