Friday, November 26, 2010

Baby Whitney's quilt

Finished baby Whitney's quilt today!  It turned out a little different than my original plan.  My original plan was to do a simple strip quilt.  Well... when I was all done sewing my strips together I had about a 45" x 80" parallel rectangle quilt.  Actually it looked more like a crooked rug.  So a little improvising was much needed!  And this is what I came up with.  Thank goodness it turned out!  I love admitting my mistakes and don't we all make them.




I ended up using the brown strips for the binding that I had taken out for the quilt and used white flannel for the back and 100% cotton for the batting.  Oh and a quilt that inspired me to do the straight line quilting is one that Andie did up.  Thanks Andie!  I think it worked great for this quilt.


Julie and I have been friends since 2nd grade.  Whitney is her third girl.  I'm excited for her.  She and I live too far away from each other!  Just want to let her know I love her and cherish all our memories we've had together!

8 comments:

Pam said...

OH MY GOSH I LOVE IT!

Dolly said...

Wow, that's the most wonderful accidental design !

Oh, it's just gorgeous, and SO UNIQUE.

I'm just tickled to death for you !

Andie Johnson said...

Jenny! Love it - too cute! Everything works so well together - soft and feminine but not too much frou-frou (that's a technical term). And thanks for the shout out!

NancyinSTL said...

Love your antique quilts, especially the feedsack one.

Melissa said...

Happy accident! The design turned out beautiful!

Lisa said...

what a fabulous solution ... it looks GREAT!

Melissa P said...

It looks so nice! It's so great when accidents turn into a good thing! :)

C said...

I love this! I want to try straight line quilting. For now, I only know how to hand quilt.