Welcome to day one of our Twisted Blossom QAL (Quilt Along)!
If you've decided to join us than here is some information for you about the QAL.
* You do not need to sign up for the QAL. All you need to do is play along and share your blocks with us on Instagram #twistedblossom or on our Facebook page, Sew Kind of Wonderful.
* The QAL will run for 8 weeks, starting today and ending on August 31st.
* This should be fun so you can make your quilt as big or as little as you would like but if you would like to do what we are doing than you need to finish 2 blocks a week for a total of 16 blocks.
* Check in with us every Wednesday to see our blocks and see if we have any hints or tips to share with you as we all start making our blocks.
* Every Friday we will have a giveaway for those of you participating in the QAL and announce the winner on Mondays.
* You will need the Quick Curve Ruler and the Metro Twist Pattern in order to make the Twisted Blossom block.
In case you missed it before, here is the fabric requirement chart:
Jenny ended up using 16 low volume fat quarters for her background fabric, just in case anyone might be doing the same.
Here is a 16 block layout image with no sashing or border to give you an idea of how it will look when we are all done.
Hopefully we have covered all the QAL details and your welcome to email us with any questions you might have.
Most of all....HAVE FUN!!
The Twisted Blossom tutorial can be found on the next post.
~ Helen, Sherilyn and Jenny ~
Need clarification, please. Does it run for 8 weeks and end on August 31st or 4 weeks and ends on July 31st? Your post says 8 weeks ending on July 31st. I knew time was passing more quickly every year so maybe this explains it. ;D
We fixed it. Thanks! :)
Such a gorgeous quilt!! Looking forward to seeing everyone's versions!
Where can I get the pattern?
DeeWohler the blog post previous to this one has the Twisted Blossom tutorial.
Love the pattern, I am in the QAL
Love the pattern, I am in the QAL, I have my fabric, will be making mine this weekend.
Ordered my pattern and ruler!! Can't wait to start the quilt Along!! LOVE the design!!
I bought the 2 rulers and a couple of patterns last year, including the Urban Twist and I just finished my Urban Twist top last week. This is perfect and I'm using the same Asian print fabrics with a white background fabric. I hope it looks good and that I have at least one block to show this week. I am in the QAL (this will be my first one ever).
I received my ruler and pattern in the mail yesterday - Hooray! And I have fabric picked out so I'm almost ready to start.
Post a Comment