Friday, October 19, 2012

"Curve it up" QAL Update & A New Pattern!

 I wanted to give a couple of updates for the "Curve it up" QAL that starts on Monday.  


There has been a great response on the QCR sales and today is the last day of the sale that ends midnight tonight.  I do have a confession though, if you purchased the ruler the last couple of days, it may be missing the free Runner Pattern.  Please let me know and I will e-mail a copy to you.  I really appreciate it when my kids help me but sometimes it means mistakes happen.  ;o)

A couple of you asked about fabric requirements.   I can't tell you exact requirements but can safely estimate a fat quarter per block (12 blocks) and about 2 to 2 1/2 yards for the background fabric.  Another option is to use scrap fabric or a Layercake you've had forever and haven't known what to use it for.

The QAL posting's will be on the 8th and 22nd of each month, whatever day of the week that falls on.  I will post one the 22nd of each month and Helen will post on the 8th of each month.

Remember to join the Flikr Group, that way you can show off your blocks and progress!

I'm looking forward to seeing all your blocks with the fabrics and colors you choose!

...and on a couple of last notes....I just finished up the last of my graphics on "Urban Holiday"!  Yeah!




....and "Deco Flora", a new pattern using the QCR is available!





Love the design of this quilt!  This is Helen's newest pattern and she explains her inspiration behind this quilt on her blog today.

~Jenny~ 








 

 

5 comments:

Teresa Silva said...

This is going to be fun.Thanks for the fabric estimates. I'm going to buy a fat quarter bundle. I absolutely love Urban Holiday. Will be making this one for sure!

Anonymous said...

I just ordered your ruler, along with the Urban Abacus pattern, which I am in love with, as if I needed another project to add to my list, hehe. :D

rsb said...

I received my ruler and noticed the pattern wasn't included...oops! Please send . My email is ruthbryant5@aol.com if you need more info please contact me.....many thanks. Looking for ward to workign with the ruler.



Unknown said...

It will be fun to see what fabrics everyone uses to make these quilts and I'm glad you've had a flurry of ruler sales

Nicci P said...

I received my QCR, Urban Candy pattern and the free runner pattern. Yea! I am ready to go. Now, to choose my fabric. Decisions, decision :)