Sunday, February 16, 2014

Mod Olives QAL ~ Week 3

It's the start of week 3 for the Mod Olives QAL and by the end of the week you should be half way done with your blocks.

I'm sure many of you are further along, since these blocks go together pretty quickly.  

It just so happens a lot of designs can be made with the Mod Olive block and I was inspired by one lady who was playing with her Computer Quilt Program using the block.  This was one of the designs she came up with.


Awesome!!
 
My colors were inspired by a family room in my new Better Homes & Garden decor book.


Now I just wish I had the room to go with my quilt block.

...and since I needed to see what a bunch of these blocks would look like together, I did a computer mock up to show me.


Beautiful!!

This was just me playing around and I'm still going with the original QAL layout because I love that too.

Remember to check out the great Mod Olives blocks on the Flickr page and happy Mod Olives quilting this week!

Jenny
~Sew Kind of Wonderful~

3 comments:

Kristy @ Quiet Play said...

I really love how this block looks! Very cool that the block can be made in so many different ways!

Leeann said...

I like how the photo repeated makes it look like you have used different blues. Maybe you should make one like that?

Leeann said...

I like how the photo repeated makes it look like you have used different blues. Maybe you should make one like that?