Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Urban Nine Patch Quilt

Stephanie's Urban Nine Patch quilt is all done!!  A lot quilting on this little beauty!


I love the overall feel of how this quilt turned out!


I tried to keep the quilting more on the feminine side....some frills, flowers and lace edges did the trick.


Stephanie used a linen for the background fabric.  The quilting around the blocks sort of remind me of a knitted blanket.


I used Sew Fine for the thread and switched thread color for each block, matching the block the best I could....for instance, for the gray and aqua block above, I used and aqua colored thread both in the aqua and gray fabric.  For all the white and linen I used an off white thread.  


I used double batting (warm and white).


There is a pattern available for this quilt here.  Stephanie did up her blocks on point which is different than the pattern layout.  Basically you would need to follow the instruction on how to assemble a block than put them on point and configure the background fabric yourself. 

Stephanie has waited a LONG time for this quilt and I'm so happy to have it done for her!

~Jenny~

16 comments:

Becky said...

It looks amazing!

Rebecca Grace said...

It looks fantastic! I especially love how you put that little flower in the center of each 9 patch. And switching thread color for every fabric? WOW. Great job!

Mama Pea said...

Jenny, thank you for doing this for me! It is so beautiful! I'm so excited to get it. I'm so grateful that you would do this for me!

Shannon @ Modern Tradition Quilts said...

Breath-taking as always! When I grow up, I'm going to quilt like you! Awesome!

Lynn said...

I know Stephanie and she will be thrilled with how you quilted it!

I really like how you quilted the lines in the background fabric along the edges. Then filled in between some of the lines with "vine swirls" (not sure what to call it). I need to file this idea away for myself.

Janet O. said...

I love the designs you come up with. Always inspiring!

Leeanne said...

Gosh the double batting really shows off the texture. As usual, lovely quilting & design.

Karens Quilts, Crows and Cardinals said...

Jenny you are just amazing... oh I yearn to be able to quilt like that! Thanks for sharing your awesome stuff with us! Karen on Keuka

UKMUMINUSA said...

Beautiful, I love the colours she chose, and as ever the quilting is gorgeous. I have this pattern and hope to have a go at a test block when I go on quilt retreat.

Unknown said...

Looks great! Love what you did in the little squares

Linda R said...

Gorgeous colours in the quilt. Your quilting is just spectacular and makes the blocks pop. Very nicely done!

April's Creations NC said...

You are so talented, another great job. I hope someday I can look at a quilt and add to its beauty with quilting!

Dianne Mitzel said...

Your quilting is just simply stunning! I kept thinking that one day I would make a quilt worthy of your lovely work, now you are not quilting any more..I am so happy for you and the success you are enjoying with your great ruler, and the qullt future you look forward to.
diannemitzel1@hotmail.com

Dianne Mitzel said...

Your quilting is just simply stunning! I kept thinking that one day I would make a quilt worthy of your lovely work, now you are not quilting any more..I am so happy for you and the success you are enjoying with your great ruler, and the qullt future you look forward to.
diannemitzel1@hotmail.com

KaHolly said...

Your work is amazing.

Live a Colorful Life said...

I watched Stephanie make some of these blocks in person at a quilting retreat in Minnesota and just fell in love. Of course solids are my favorites. The quilting DOES look like a knitted sweater--just beautiful!