Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Raspberries and Magazines

After getting home from vacation, I was greeted with spots of red throughout my raspberry bushes!


I'll take a raspberry over a strawberry any day, I LOVE RASPBERRIES!!  These were turned into Freezer Jam with the help of my 5 yr. old who got to smash them all up.  He thought that was so much fun.

...and I've actually been very busy quilting.  I just finished a customers quilt that is going to be featured in a magazine and that is why I can't show it to you.  It REALLY turned out great and I'm really happy with it!


Boxed up and ready to be shipped!

...and I've just loaded this quilt, believe it or not, this is one of my own and this too is going in a magazine. 


Problem is, I put a lot of pressure on my self, with this one and the one before as to how to quilt them up.   Is it the fact that it's going to be in a magazine??  I guess not,  I think I do this every time I do custom on any quilt, magazine or not.   I end up starring at it...and starring...and starring...hoping for some quilting revelation to come to me.  As of yet, no revelation .....

....I'll probably just start quilting it and hoping something comes to me as I go (fingers crossed)!!

Okay...must get at it!

~Jenny~



17 comments:

**nicke... said...

we love raspberries so much at our house also! my son would eat and eat and eat them. i can't wait to see what you create when the inspiration hits you for this quilt! you are so incredibly talented jenny! xo

Auntie Pami said...

Wish I could have raspberries here. So exciting to be in a magazine! Can't wait! Time to start getting some frames for your "I love me wall". Hope you are feeling well.

Unknown said...

Yup! Raspberries get my vote over all things red! Congratulations...look forward to see your quilts and quilting in the magazine!! ~karen

Teresa Silva said...

Wow...congrats on two quilts in a magazine. That is so awesome. I can't wait to se your work.

Vicki in MN said...

YUM YUM I love raspberries, we have wild black ones. Can't wait to see those 2 quilts!

tubilinha tiacarminha said...

Olá,como vai a gravidez?Parece que estou grávida junto,ansiedade para saber o sexo do seu bebe.Estas colchas para revista tenho certeza que será sucesso,quero só ver o resultado.Beijos e tudo que há de melhor para você.

tubilinha tiacarminha said...

Olá,como vai a gravidez?Parece que estou grávida junto,ansiedade para saber o sexo do seu bebe.Estas colchas para revista tenho certeza que será sucesso,quero só ver o resultado.Beijos e tudo que há de melhor para você.

Pam said...

can't wait to see the quilts!! congrats!! hope to see u soon xoxox

Tammy said...

I'm with you on the raspberries! Love them; wish the season was longer. Don't you just love the freezer jam in the middle of winter? Seems like fresh picked berries. Oh, I can't wait to see the quilts in the magazines. Keep us posted.

Dawn said...

What exciting news, Jenny! I can't wait to see your beautiful quilting featured in a magazine -- congratulations!

Unknown said...

I so love raspberries too.
It's a pity you aren't able to share your latest quilting adventures with us - I have to be patient until the magazine comes out and you can share photos with us on your blog (you see there's no guarantee that we can get the magazine here in the UK)
I hope a bolt of inspiration guides your hands today when you stand in front of your quilt - trust your instincts and you won't go wrong

KeyQuilter said...

Staring at it- yep, happens to me too! I have to wait for the quilt to "talk" to me.

Melissa said...

Can't wait to see the quilts!

Kathy Schwartz said...

There is nothing like eating raspberries straight from the garden!
I am very excited to hear that one of your quilts will be in a magazine. Can you tell us which magazine?

calicokat said...

Oh the magazines must be exciting, but yes, scary & intimidating too. I've stumbled onto your blog and you've inspired me to count up my backlog and challenge myself to complete them, I'm thinking a Labor Day Challenge will be just right for me!
Also, it's great to see someone else quilting with an old machine. Though I'd say you do have some bling -- you have channel locks, my 1994 Gammill Premier doesn't even have that, LOL!
Thanks for the inspiration, kat

Mama Pea said...

Congrats! How cool for you! Just relax and quilt it. It will be great. What everyone loves is your style. Just let it shine!

Donana said...

Can you tell us what magazine so we can take a peek when it comes out?